Wednesday, January 29, 2025

wishful Wednesday

in which our plucky heroine contemplates the handbasket...

Every day, I wish we were in a better timeline. On a hard day, I struggle to function at all. On a good day, more useful and beautiful work of my hands becomes real. Every single day, I stubbornly continue...
※※※

I'm remembering a trip back in the Long Ago Before Time, when I wandered the streets of the Bay Area with Mr Dawson ... eating oranges, and shopping for trinkets and gems. It was a different world, and not much remains but some synapses in my brain, a postcard on my wall, and a strand of grey pearls...
※※※

This is intriguing : A Box of Unfinished Things: Revitalize, Redesign, Repurpose!... and I shall try and remember to check it out next month (zoom, third Wednesday, 4:30pm PST)
※※※

~ very local wildlife ~
This critter has shown up in my front yard walkway garden bed several times in the last week. Yesterday was the first time it held still for a few minutes when I walked out the front door and took this photo; usually it takes off when the door opens. In the last twenty years, I only ever saw a bunny in the yard one time. I suspect this one may be living somewhere nearby...
※※※

This is the store where I (formerly) shopped... This week, after New Seasons fired Randy Foster, a 19-year employee, for helping a disabled coworker close a register while he himself was off-the-clock, Arbor Lodge workers are ON STRIKE! (this likely is entirely unrelated to him being union shop steward...)
※※※

January SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 blood orange marmalade
bike headlamp
yard waste bin
2 heraldic enamel
passport photo
recycle bin
3 crayon roll
crystal necklace
recycle bin
4 xp2 undies
pattern longjanes
-
5 pot lid rack
passport applied for
-
6 aluminum stitch markers
pear tree planted
x
7 x stripe sleeves
x
8 x milliput handles
x
9 x horse earring
x

today's gratitudes -
1. One more day I could ride my bike
2. Managed to get a bit more of the wood chips atop cardboard
3. My new passport came in the mail today

Time of Isolation - Day 1658

1 comment:

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed