Tomorrow is Lunar New Year of the Wood Snake. Should time allow, I will make a small linocut as part of a future lunar animals tiny book...
When this tutorial for spun cotton hearts was posted online, I immediately added it to the "things to make for advent swap" list. In the interest of using what is here, rather than using the suggested super glue gel, I simply glued the two parts of the armature (made from Q-tips) together with tacky glue.
※※※
tried this recipe for "addictive cabbage"... The texture was really wonderful, and I will probably make it again, but with even more adaptations than I preemptively made. First off I cut the recipe in half, using only a quarter of a cabbage. The "cut to pieces, massage with salt" worked very well, but definitely needed a rinse cycle next as TOO salty for our plucky heroine. Toasting the sesame seeds worked well. I cut the sesame oil in half, and that was just right. The microplaned garlic though, was far too intense for me; I am just not a fan of raw garlic. Might have to try somehow pre-cooking the garlic, maybe in the sesame oil?? I cut the bouillon amount in quarter, and that could stand to be less (or maybe try without any), because it was more salty than umami...
My redacted ingredient list: ¼ green cabbage cut up, ½ t salt, 1T sesame seeds, ½ garlic clove or less, microplaned, ⅛ t bouillon paste, 1T toasted sesame oil... The Milliput broach handle repairs I added last thing yesterday have turned out wonderfully well. They hardened completely overnight, as did the tiny scrap of Milliput that was used to repair a broken ceramic horse earring (which will be painted matte black to better match the other unbroken original of the pair)...
※※※
January SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | blood orange marmalade | bike headlamp | yard waste bin |
| 2 | heraldic enamel | passport photo | recycle bin |
| 3 | crayon roll | crystal necklace | recycle bin |
| 4 | xp2 undies | pattern longjanes | - |
| 5 | pot lid rack | passport applied for | - |
| 6 | aluminum stitch markers | pear tree planted | x |
| 7 | x | stripe sleeves | x |
| 8 | x | milliput handles | x |
| 9 | x | horse earring |
today's gratitudes -
1. Milliput works really well as a repair material!
2. TIL that you can personally mute internal Discord channels, and rearrange the whole menu setup
3. Lately I have been wearing my wool/cashmere gollar, made from Mill Ends offcuts, adding needful warmth in wintertime.
Time of Isolation - Day 1657


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed