made progress on the grey wool capelet/gollar... I cut out the already modified pattern pieces, same as I used for the my rain capelet, but this time using a finely woven brushed grey herringbone wool for the outer layer instead of Goretex. For the inner layer, I looked through my shelf of melton cloth pieces, all of which are from the
Much to my surprise, I had a luscious piece of cashmere from Amicale Fabrics! Since the piece wasn't big enough to make an entire garment, I feel no qualms about using it to line my capelet; it will bring me a great deal of everyday pleasure as well as warmth. I've stitched the lining pieces together, and stitched the outer layer pieces together. Today, I've taken some time to stitch the black wool edge binding in place, and once that is done, and some heavy hooks and eyes added to the center front, it will be a great warm piece to wear around the Very Chilly house this winter.
After experimentation this year, have decided that best for candied peel IMHO is pommelo... the extra thick peel is also extra absorbent, and makes the most succulent confection. The pommelo are all gone from the store now, so I will make some grapefruit to go with the other candied peel. Half of what I make will go to my dad, and the rest will be put aside for next years fruitcake.
January SMART goals (x=extra)
|#||THINGS MADE||THINGS FIXED||THINGS GONE|
|1||card for Bera||better light in workroom||bag to Goodwill|
|2||Awesome Sauce||improve dotted neckline||paper recycling|
|3||horses blouse||button replaced||bag to Goodwill|
|4||Wanda ring ||-||-|
today's gratitude - random fabric stash wonder... cashmere!!