Wednesday, March 6, 2019

wishful Wednesday

in which our plucky heroine focuses on what is good...


sewing table still life

Finished the indigo/multicolor floral blouse today, which has me a bit more than halfway done with my SWAP garments... Cotton lawn is lovely to wear, and only a bit challenging to sew because so lightweight. The brown buttons I salvaged (when I repaired my striped vest) bring out the few brown accents in the botanical print, and will help it coordinate with both the brown and denim pinafores that I have in my wardrobe as well as the two SWAP pinafores.

SWAP 2019
# INDIGO BLUE BROWN PRINT/ACCENT
1 pinstripe linen dress --
2 - corduroy pinafore
3 -oxford cloth blouse -
4 -
- mushroom print blouse
5 -- dk blue floral blouse
6 handknit cardigan -
-
7 - - feather print knit top
8 dk denim pinafore - -
9 batik popover dress
- -
10 -
- blue black floral blouse
11 - leggings or jacket -
※※※

Today the last of knitting three colors in one row, huzzah! I am pleased to have found a workaround for that issue, pleased with how the cardigan yoke looks so far, and very pleased to be almost done with the colorwork. Knitting is one of the few puzzles I enjoy, and there will be more bits to solve as I complete this, as there will be the "how do I attach all these pieces", and the "how do I create a multiple I-cord button band for toggles"...
※※※

I wish that my machine had a straight stitch throat plate and presser foot. But, since there isn't one manufactured for it either originally or aftermarket, I will instead direct attention to this absolutely lovely British tea towel, by one of my favorite artists... I just may have to acquire this, though I would probably hang it on the wall as kitchen art rather than use it for the intended purpose of drying dishes!
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 charter #2 stripey vest buttons-
2 2 tiny enamels x-
3 blue floral blousex -
4 x
x -
5 xx x
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x
x x
10 x
x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x


today's gratitude - indeed, I am grateful for both the time and skill to sew my own clothing, as well as the fabrics I had collected over the years, which now are turning into garments that make me happy when I wear them

2 comments:

  1. It is well known that the solution to the no throat plate problem is always to buy a tea towel. The otter is magnificent! So beautifully rendered. I love the expression on its face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realise that those two things really don't have much to do with one another, but I couldn't resist sharing the beautiful otter!

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed