Thursday, January 28, 2016

insomnia


in which our plucky heroine finds a productive silver lining...

Last night I couldn't sleep, and instead of just fretting horizontally, went back to the workroom and spent some more time carving away on my first linoleum block. Got a good deal of the background cut away, since that required careful effort but not the focused detailing that remains to be done around the horses legs and tail.
One thing I was able to do was to repair the lefthand horses far ear (tiny triangle), which cracked away when I used slightly too much pressure in carving. I read online that wood glue was a good adhesive for linoleum block, and so stuck it back in place and let it dry overnight... Hopefully the repair will hold up to the stress of actual printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment