Saturday, January 30, 2016

ruach... spirit... wind...


...in which our plucky heroine continues the process: my plan is to clear out various areas of dysfunction, clean, declutter, and organise the spaces to add peace and functionality to life here at Acorn Cottage

This corner of the kitchen is a problem, and in the ten years I've lived here, no good solution has become apparent.

Former Owner did an odd remodel of the countertop that caused problems: The upper cupboard is inaccessible without climbing on the counter. The lower cupboard requires nimble floor level contortions to access.  And the countertop itself is sort of a dead zone where objects stagnate. In a feng sui sort of mode, the qi gets stuck there and goes nowhere

So, I cleared it all out, washed the counter and the lazy susan, and only put back things that get used in the food prep area: breakfast components and food seasonings. Cleverly, the various spices and herbs, which were formerly stashed under the windowsill on the other side of the room, now have a better home on the top level of the lazy susan, with the various vinegars in the center, and nuts, dried fruit and other dry condiments on the lower level. This is the sort of functional beauty that I want for my whole house.


January SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 sekrit santa gift iPod speakers bag to Goodwill
2 two felt mice compression straps bag to Goodwill
3 heraldic enamel bench hook bag to Goodwill
4 Laurel pendant kitchen corner cleared -
5 black/brown pinafore - -
6 horses print block - -
7 - - -
8 - - -
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ruthie... I keep reminding myself that incremental progress is still progress and hope that by continuing to find spots I can make orderly and functional, that in time my house will be the place I envision

    ReplyDelete