Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday fragments


With autumn, we gather the fruits of our labor, ripening into plump, juicy bursts of sweetness and joy in the sharp briar patch of our lives.
~ Terry Windling
:::

Found on Ravelry the most amazingly beautiful knit flame stitch stripe patterned wrap: Fox Paws... while I am slowly slogging through getting closer to finishing my Flower Power Ponies, am considering actually purchasing the Fox Paws pattern, as it uses some techniques I don't already know, and it would look superb in whole assortment of different colors, in a way reminiscent of Missoni textiles. (turns out that the designer was inspired by Missoni, points to me for recognising it)
:::

I have two temporary house guests this weekend, Figgy and Percy, the Maine Coon cats that usually live with Sharon Rose... Their apartment is being fumigated and they needed a place for the kitties for the weekend. It will be interesting. They are both hiding under the computer table right now.
:::

My intention is to see how much I can accomplish this weekend in the "things made" category, which has been sadly neglected the last few months...
:::

Still feeling less than 100% well, not sure what is going on internally (and of course cancerhead is having a field day with this situation), made an appointment to see my GP in two weeks, because that is what you do...
:::

Yesterday was the first time I have ever seen "volcanic activity statement" at the top of the local weather report warnings list, alongside "wind advisory" and "fire danger warning". Apparently there was a small ash plume from Mt St Helens.
:::

Today I am grateful for public transit, which lets me live in the city without owning an automobile. True it does take a LOT longer to get from point A to point B, and there are definite drawbacks and limitations, but the benefits far outweigh the difficulties. I can get around town on the bus or the Max, and can go between cities on Amtrak or the Bolt bus. This necessity gives my life a different shape than the common one here in the USA, but then, I am familiar with that, since there is a lot in my way of life that is already out at the end of various bell curves...

may this gratitude contradict despair

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. Hugs!. Enjoy the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. That knitting pattern is overwhelmingly fabulous! And it is totally YOU, I must say. Of course I can't wait to see what you do with it. No pressure, though, because of course your kitty guests will be expecting you to spend about 80% of your time and energy on them: talking to them, gazing upon them while they sleep, petting them, permitting them to coat your clothes and furniture in their luxurious hair, feeding them. . . you get the picture. Ahhh volcanic warnings, that takes me back. Nothing like a good volcano in the vicinity to keep one on her toes. I am sending healing thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete