Sunday, December 1, 2013

the adoptable needle-book crittters


They're felt, they're fun, and they're following our plucky heroine all over the house... it's the cat face needle-book clan! (a whole collection of cats that are looking for homes, maybe one can live in your sewing basket - available for adoption for a $25 donation have all been adopted) They're all hand stitched and hand embroidered wool felt and felted wool.


marmalade orange tabby adopted by Mr B


sweet Siamese reserved for M


traditional tuxedo cat reserved for LC


patchy calico SOLD


my favorite, the grey tabby reserved for LC


respectable orange tuxedo cat SOLD
:::


fawn pug face needle book, has a twin sibling, and both are available for adoption -
I suspect part of his worried look is that he is SURROUNDED BY CATS
:::


all the cat face needle books have a small jingle bell as a button closure,
instead of the snap closure on the pugs and other custom heraldic needle books


a rather foreshortened view inside the siamese needle book,
showing the inner book layers, where the needles can be stored
:::

I also make custom designs, either heraldic or whimsical, or a portrait of of your particular pet, as needle-books or holiday ornaments all stitched by hand with hand embroidered details. Prices start at $35 and go up if the design complexity requires it... This is an example of a heraldic design in process, the embroidery and applique are done, it needs to be applied to the outer shell of a needlbook and the interior constructed and finished:

actual piece is about the size of a business card...

6 comments:

  1. They don't look like they eat much. I'd like to adopt two - the grey tabby and the tuxedo cat. Truly the tuxedo cat is going to be adopted by another person she just doesn't know it yet! I'll send you a msg on Sewing Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust that you and your friend will find them to be the most polite and quiet companions! I've marked then as being reserved for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I'll put a check in the mail. Yes, they look like very well brought up kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, these are adorable! I'm constantly amazed at your inventiveness. I find it difficult to think of new ideas and admire your creativity. The embroidery is beautiful also! You're a talented one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kudos... I had fun making these, I use mine, which is several years old at this point, every time I sew

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed