in which our plucky heroine continues to make slow but steady progress in the small bits of time between work; eight down and two to go...
Denim pinafore + black floral top = springtime... A denim pinafore is fairly basic, and a wardrobe workhorse. I did add a wide top pocket across the front bodice panel, since the top pocket on the overall pinafore is so very useful. In some ways I prefer the integral pockets to patch pockets, they are a bit more work and fabric intensive, but they hold a lot more, and are slightly less obtrusive.

highlighted clothing is completed...
(SWAP sewing closes on April 30th)
| springtime 6PAC | 2013 SWAP | |
| pinafore | black vertical pique | |
| black denim | pinafore | black denim |
| top | black reverse applique | |
| top | grey/black knit | |
| black floral print | top | black floral print |
| apron | bridge/third layer | apron |
| indigo denim | pinafore | indigo denim |
| top | brown knit | |
| indigo knit | top | indigo knit |
| brown/indigo | dress | brown/indigo |
Allison - I'm loving your clothes you are making. The denim pinafore is very nice. You do such wonderful intricate work on your clothes, especially your tops. Love following your progress.
ReplyDeleteMarciae from SG
I really need to remember to bring you my Mongolian shirt and have you duplicate it for me - I'm really looking forward to having multiples of what is probably my favourite garment.
ReplyDeleteYou do such great work, and this piece looks marvelous.