Even when pain levels are stupid, I can still knit round and round, and therefore my Solbein cardigan is progressing apace: the colorwork knitting on the yoke is done! Another few rows of plain indigo blue, and it will be time to divide the body and sleeve sections.
Then the already knit segments will be grafted to the yoke, and all that will remain to do is to steek the center front, knit the trim bands and toggle loops, and block the finished cardigan... I may be slower than some, but getting a whole garment knit in the first quarter of the year is still an accomplishment I hope to succeed at.
※※※
an animated take on an Edward Gorey classic:
※※※
SWAP progress: I already cut out my blouse from the printed cotton lawn that I purchased with my prize from CCL's Dress challenge earlier this year. I have often admired how Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) uses piping on many of her garments, and have decided to try adding a narrow flat piping around the collar and front button placket. I think it would really be a nice bit of detailing, to help delineate the collar and placket, which otherwise sort of blend into the print.
I've never done this before, and so my first step is going to be to find some black linen or cotton in the resource shelves that is thin enough to not add a lump of excess thickness when folded in half and inserted into the edge seams. Why oh why do I not have some black batiste or handkerchief linen?!?? (edited: I headed out, after an intensive search of the fabric on hand turned up nothing suitable, and bought a half yard of black cotton lawn at Modern Domestic)
※※※
a dapper singer with a slightly rude but highly amusing song:
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | charter #2 | stripey vest buttons | chicken wire |
| 2 | 2 tiny enamels | bead swag ends | - |
| 3 | blue floral blouse | x | - |
| 4 | x | x | - |
| 5 | x | x | x |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I can take sticks and string and make myself warm clothing - thanks Mom for teaching me how to knit when I was just a little child!


The sweater is going to be amazing. It already looks great as sort of a cape/cowl. I like the print in the sleeves that are seen poking out too.
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Dawn... the sleeves are part of my stripey batik everyday dress. I love how the fabric alternates solid and dotted stripes, and I chose to use the "wrong" side of the fabric because the right side was really high contrast, with bright white stripes on the teal background. I always look at the wrong sides of fabrics as sometimes the print is more subtle, or the texture more desirable...
Delete