in which our plucky heroine has an indoor day...
It was snowing yesterday, and while the weather has warmed some, the snow is now covered with a layer of ice everywhere. When I went to open the chicken house and bring the hens fresh food and liquid water, they were quite dubious about the conditions in the chicken yard. And later, when I looked out the window, I saw that they indeed had no desire to slip slide down the ramp to eat their food off the icy ground, and instead, an nasty squirrel was having a field day with the organic layer pellets... Perhaps I am soft-hearted, at least a little, so I filled a ceramic bowl with henfood, and brought it out to them inside the little chicken house. And later on today, I will swap that for a half full bowl of warm water so they can have a drink...
※※※
My actual goal for the day is to fill at least two bags with declutter... trying to meet my year goal means 8 more bags by the end of the year, which is rather a challenge indeed, since all the low hanging fruit have already been picked. I am going to takd a spin through my sewing patterns, the bottom drawers in the dresser, and my collected magazines not yet recycled...
※※※
Last week I made corn tortillas here at home, for the first time. When I was up in OlyWa last month, it was one of the things I learned, and it is dirt simple if one has a tortilla press. And earlier this month, I had found one at Goodwill... I also realised this morning, that I could make a small batch, just a few rather than a dozen or so, and so todays lunch was quesadillas, with fresh tortillas and the last of the homemade salsa verde from 2016.December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Kestrel hat | backdoor latch | paper recycling |
| 2 | sekrit needlebook | blackhorse earrings | box of magazines |
| 3 | turquoise heart pendant | framed old photo | - |
| 4 | much cranberry ketchup | x | - |
| 5 | second original scroll | x | - |
| 6 | otter face needlebook | x | - |
| 7 | black corduroy pinafore | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | - |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
※※※



I SIMPLY ADORE that you have a chicken named Nanny Og!!!!
ReplyDelete