Friday, July 17, 2015

Steeleye Span 2015


in which our plucky heroine revisits an old favorite, more than forty years later...

On their 2015 tour, Steeleye Span played a show this last Tuesday, at the Triple Door in Seattle; I was gifted with a ticket to the concert. This is the view of the stage from our seats, which although towards the back of the hall, were excellent. I'd last seen the band in Cambridge MA, in the Harvard Square Galleria, in 1974.

The first set was mostly familar material, some similar to what I remembered, and some in new arrangements...

Maddy Prior's voice still lifts my heart, brings tears to my eyes and chills down my spine. Oh how that woman can sing!!

The second set had more new material, or songs that were new to me anyway, including pieces from Wintersmith, their fairly recent collaboration with Terry Pratchett


Maddy Prior and Liam Genockey
:::

if you want to know what has held my interest for all these decades...

Steeleye Span in 1971
and

Steeleye Span in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment