Thursday, July 23, 2015

Friday fragments


Another hummingbird sighted in the front yard this morning... apparently hardy fuschia is a treat for them? When I walked out the front door to see what was flowering this morning the bird came right up to the fuchsia while I was standing next to it!! Brave little hummer and what a delightful way to start my morning! I need to plant more things in the yard that are hummingbird treats...
:::

Progress report on the reverse applique project: the front neckline design had to be applied and painted in several stages in order to place the stencil in a centered and smooth orientation on the already sewn RTW garment

The back neckline motifs are painted as well; all the painted bits need to cure for 24 hours and then be heat set with a dry iron, before the kelly green layer can be basted in place and the reverse applique stitching begun
:::


Just found out that there are times once a week when the local city pool is free; if my ancient swimsuit is still wearable, can take advantage of the option and do some water-walking which is a recommended aid to my PT and recovery
:::

Need to make a framework to hold bird netting above the salad table. Glad I didn't yet reseed it, since local squirrels had a field day today digging and tossing the dirt all over the porch. Some of the saved plum withies, lashed together with cord, should be a suitable way to support anti-tree-rat netting, and I can start growing some more greens...

3 comments:

  1. With all the artisanry you are lavishing on this dress, it will be a tour de force. I'm eager to watch your progress, and appreciate your writing out the steps you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol - it is a dress for my acupuncture practicioner, without whom I would not be walking... she has helped me stay mobile for the last two plus years and is entirely worthy of my best work in return...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! You replied to a post I made on the Artisan forum (I'm the lady making cloth dolls and asking about hair). I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete