Friday, September 7, 2012

stitcheriffic


I finished my second t-shirt for the 6PAC, and am pretty happy with the asymmetrical design of the decorative neckline detail; the beading adds just a tiny bit of sparkle. I lowered the neckline about an inch and a half from the "standard" t-shirt draft, and think it could even go a bit lower.I only handstitched the sleeve hems, and did a basic machine finish on the body hem and the neckline. Since the beads are stitched on with topstitching thread the whole thing should be machine washable (on gentle cycle) I am pretty happy with this one.
:::

Last night was fun! Two friends and somewhere between four and five hours of hatmaking... The plan was to use the Green Pepper Norwester Hat pattern as a jumping off point. I have been experimenting with different ways of constructing the hat, since if not making it as a Goretex rainhat, there are many easier ways to put those pieces together, that involve less wrestling with the boardlike interfacing, and less chance of the pins causing a blood sacrifice to the sewing gods.

Beth got her hat to the "almost finished, just needs edgebinding stage", and Cheriti, who arrived and started later, made an excellent beginning. I love stitching company, and am happy to see my pals be successful. Am also considering offering a workshop on "Machine-Sewn Millinery"...

No comments:

Post a Comment