Thursday, August 2, 2012

daily drawing - faithful friend


day number next, and the second drawing... Was very frustrated at how COMPLICATED my sewing machine is, once you sit and actually look at it. Sometimes I am embarrassed at calling myself an artist. Still, the only way to get better at anything is to do something different than what you are already doing. And if our plucky heroine does not draw, well then, she should not be surprised that her drawings do not have a great deal of similarity with what the mindseye sees. I wonder sometimes what happened to that young girl who could not stop drawing. Of course, that incessant drawing was a function of being terribly terribly bored for hours and hours in school...

The Memoirs of Jesse James
I remember all those thousands of hours
that I spent in grade school watching the clock,
waiting for recess or lunch or to go home.
     Waiting: for anything but school.
My teachers could easily have ridden with Jesse James
     for all the time they stole from me.

                                       ~ Richard Brautigan

No comments:

Post a Comment