Wednesday, September 8, 2010

wishful Wednesday + S3 - day 8

Most of my clothes are in the wash today, so I guess this is a laundry day outfit... While I love the print of the knit, the color is not my favorite, so it is worn less often, which of course means that it will last longer than the other few knit tops that I like more!

One of the perils of sewing from my stash, is that there are well aged fabrics that are colors that I loved at the time, but my current preferences have changed. In the past, I wore a lot of turquoise, and purple, and cobalt blue, but for the last few years, my wardrobe is moving towards more greyed subtle colors instead, and my old favorites are less appealing.
≈ : ♥ : ≈

I'd love to make a few more knit tops this month, especially after seeing the wonderful assortment of Teagarden T tops that shams has made. I have that pattern, and have made it up more than once, liked and wore them so much that they wore out. Why have I not made any more? The pattern takes 2½ yards of knit fabric, and there is almost no stashed knit fabric here at Acorn Cottage. Also, cotton/lycra knit tops are the one garment that I rarely sew for myself, as the fit is not as critical, and they are often available thrifted, in good condition and wearable styles (for my use anyhow). So one wishful thing today is for a couple of lengths of natural fiber knit fabric, in colors that coordinate with my current clothing, so as to have the chance to add a little more style to my daily clothing.

While tube turning is not something I do all the time in the sewing room, I'd really like a chance to try out the Fasturn Tubes. They have had consistently good reviews online, and using a bodkin, or the stitch a piece of string into the tube before turning method, do not work at all easily. When I made the indigo ikat pinafore/jumper, turning the spaghetti straps took almost as long as sewing the dress. So my other wishful Wednesday is that someone out there that has this tool would let me try it out, before committing to such a spendy sewing room gadget.
≈ : ♥ : ≈

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed