Sunday, May 16, 2010

lazy Sunday + M3 - day 16

In which our heroine procrastinates too much...

A whole lot of laundry got washed, and some dried in the sunlight. Some more fabric was sorted, one lost thing was found, and another dress is underway, this one in a cornflower blue ikat from the Monday morning parking lot sale at OCF last year. Pre-washing the fabric was a good idea, not only did it shrink, as handwoven often does, but the blue dye leaked all over. Fortunately, slightly blue towels and sheets are not a problem.

It was HOT today, compared to last week. I didn't want to move dirt in the hot sun. The air conditioning on the bus was very welcome. My Fess Dancetty shawl is more than half done. Talked with the nice folks over at Modern Domestic about getting some new feet for my sewing machine, and found out that they have had a serger class that is actually affordable, hopefully they will run it again this year...

One of the eggplant starts is happy and the other one is not. The two paste tomato starts need to go in the ground. Tomorrow. Even if it is raining. (and somewhere I've more wall-o-water plant shelters) And at least one cherry tomato for sharing with the neighbors still to find and bring home.

stripey cotton gauze top
indigo cotton jumper
glass eye bead necklace
raku and blackbird necklace


Simple and easy and indigo blue. Nope, I'm not obsessive, I just know what I like. Somewhere I read that the good colors to wear are the ones that are in your hair and eyes (and skin tones if you like red). My eyes are blue and grey and my hair is mousebrown and grey. I made most of the eyebeads at one of the "play with glass" parties a few years ago, and also strung the necklaces at various times in the last few years. The raku beads originally came from a pottery studio sale in Seattle, and have been part of several configurations of jewelry over the last two decades, the blackbird bead is glass and was a special find at the big Guild sale last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed