Applied I-cord being added to neckline
~ : ♥ : ~
The kitchen here is still a marmalade madhouse. Last night was Meyer lemon, and tonight, after I finish writing here, will be time for kumquat vanilla. What can I say, marmalade is my most favorite preserve. What I have been doing is trying some of the other approaches to the process, different from my "boil until collapsed" usual method, to see if I like them any better. Unless New Seasons gets in any organic Seville oranges, this might be it for the year, though a triple-citrus with star anise recipe found online is very tempting...~ : ♥ : ~
~ : ♥ : ~
With the intention of adding some very local greenstuff to the larder here at Acorn Cottage, I am returning to my hippie heritage and have begun a sprouting experiment. Since my lovely sprouting trays are lost in the mists of time, a mason jar will have to do. Some of the stainless steel mesh (from the unsuccessful kombucha-strainer experiment), cut into a circle and fit into a canning jar ring will make life easier. Rather than alfalfa, or mung beans, I'm going to try pea sprouts; if I can get the pea seeds to germinate, I'll then plant them atop a flowerpot and let them grow a few inches tall. They sell small pots of pea shoots in the produce department and they are a tasty salad-ish kind of thing, I just hadn't thought about attempting to "grow my own". Here's hoping...~ : ♥ : ~
Needless to say, with all these projects, as well as my usual work, and the two tiny textile contest entries, Acorn Cottage looks is a mess. I'll need to do some tidying if I am having a teaparty this coming Sunday, which will happen, at the usual time. Come on over for tea and craftiness. I'll have some treats, and maybe open a jar or two of marmalade to taste, and I'm planning on having some paper and glue and colored pencils and paper doilies, in case anyone wants to make valentines...
~ : ♥ : ~
*just in case you forgot about voom...

This makes me laugh because my six year old feels that "V" is a major part of the language and sticks it on the front of everything ( such as Vere are you Goving? ) Alas "R" not such a big deal and can be left off at will ( ie deer and bear become - deaha, beaha) He would love Voom !
ReplyDelete