wash the dishes, dry the dishes, turn the dishes over...
Today is going to be a day of domesticity; tomorrow is my monthly "tea party of crafty goodness" and Acorn Cottage has really become untidy in the last week or two. Actually, my motivation for having a Craft Tea Party is twofold, not only do I get to see whichever friends are free to come visit, but I am encouraged to get motivated to clean and tidy. Since one of my five jobs is being a charlady, my own dear little cottage is often rather untidy; I'd far rather be making things than do yet more cleaning house.
So... today I shall bake some cakes and cakelets, and there will be much washing of dishes, and all the dusting and vacuuming that gets put off all week. And between all that I will be working on a sewing commission for one of my friends who will be coming to the tea party, so she can try it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed