Saturday, February 14, 2009

wash the dishes, dry the dishes, turn the dishes over...

Today is going to be a day of domesticity; tomorrow is my monthly "tea party of crafty goodness" and Acorn Cottage has really become untidy in the last week or two. Actually, my motivation for having a Craft Tea Party is twofold, not only do I get to see whichever friends are free to come visit, but I am encouraged to get motivated to clean and tidy. Since one of my five jobs is being a charlady, my own dear little cottage is often rather untidy; I'd far rather be making things than do yet more cleaning house.
So... today
I shall bake some cakes and cakelets, and there will be much washing of dishes, and all the dusting and vacuuming that gets put off all week. And between all that I will be working on a sewing commission for one of my friends who will be coming to the tea party, so she can try it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment