Acorn Cottage nature report : I forgot to mention earlier that the blueberry is covered in flowers. Seen on persimmon this morning: a fly that looked like a honeybee (apparently a "hover fly"), and a ladybug. Seen on the front door: a myriad of infinitesimal spider hatchlings, each no larger than maybe a millimeter at most, and golden brown in color.a trifold wish for better luck: rabbit! rabbit! rabbit!...and while I may not celebrate in any traditional way, being out and about and seeing all the vernal blossoms, and the bunny who may be living under my front porch, is a sure sign of the seasonal changes. Last year the dwarf lilacs bloomed on May the first, this year they started blooming around April 25th. In 2023 on May the first, all the fruit trees were in flower: apple and plum and quince oh my! This year they are all already done with flowering.
※※※
I don't know why, but Border Morris dance gives me the same awe-filled visceral sensation that waterfalls do. Someday I hope to see some in person.
※※※
The Portland Fruit Tree Project had some leftover fruit trees from their fundraising sale last week, so I bought a discounted Seckel pear to add to my Tiny Pear Orchard in the front yard. At only $20, it is worth the gamble. I'd not been planning on a third tree, but I do love Seckel pears, and it is in the same pollinator group as what I have already planted!
※※※
~ sing a springtime song ~
the tune is familiar, but this springtime carol is where it came from
~ sing a springtime song ~
※※※
In response to an online "tiny challenge", this month I will build my internal fortitude by starting a practice I keep meaning to do, but keep conveniently forgetting to do. It is supposed to have various physical benefits to go outside first thing when you wake up, get outdoor light into your eyes, and do some gentle physical motion. So I am going to do that. A kaizen different way to start my day: "sunlight not screentime"
※※※
May SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | - | - |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | - | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
- replacement credit card arrived today, which was a big relief
- Sister found the Raymond Briggs video I was looking for and sent it to me, along with some beautiful indigo handwoven scarves from Cambodia
- adding a Seckel pear to my Tiny Pear Orchard in the front yard.
Time of Isolation - Day 1746

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed