Suddenly, for my future Anti-Weasel Serum shrine, I want a little Dr Vortex bottle, but I can't go to Fair. Karen suggested that I look up DIY versions, and it seems that mixing mica pigment with water the basic formula, and one can add other ingredients for different results, such as glycerine, or clear glue. As I recall, in one of my containers of art materials I have a set of assorted colors of mica pigment powders...
As part of my continued tiny dopamine efforts, Opal now has cargo pants (tiny faux denim trousers + patch pockets). I added the tie-dye jersey tee shirt made from a wee scrap of the very precious tie-dye from my friend Aeolus. I imagine Opal could be going to Fair, and needs her own tiny OCF shirt, as do the tinyfolk up in Olympia. I suspect that I shall need to make at least two tiny jersey tee shirts, and add the Peach logo...
Then on Tuesday chatting with Karen, she thought that Opal needed tiny Birkenstocks! I am wondering how best to make some, with cork and thin leather. Must see what I can rustle up. I've lots of leather scraps, but since I don't have a spare cork pinboard to take apart, I might have to carefully slice some thin pieces off a wine cork to make soles...
※※※
I was going to ride my bike to the store tonight, now that it is cooler out, but there are also assorted explosive noises out there, which would be most unpleasant to be unexpectedly near. Now I'm thinking early morning, right when the grocery opens, would be far better/safer instead... fewer fireworks...
※※※
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 4 tiny knit vests | - | - |
| 2 | tiny cargo pants | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. I rather accidentally joined a FB group "Fantasy-Faction - Fantasy and Science Fiction Book Discussion" (joining the group was a requirement to comment on a query I wanted to answer). This has had the unexpected result of skewing my dreadful FB feed to have more pleasing content. Now with somewhat less grimdark dumpster fire and more book cover art. Maybe even some things I might want to read...
2. Today I had my first chance to begin to play Golden Sky. It was fun, and I was able to successfully use my imagination as we navigated the very first scene. I am enjoying learning a new thing with my two faraway friends!
3. I successfully cleared up the kitchen enough that I could take the needed photos, and remember how nice it looks with the countertops empty.
Time of Isolation - Day 1453

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed