My health remains poorly. I'm still coughing, if somewhat less exhaustively. Slept most of Saturday other than getting up to make some dinner. I was too tired to clean up afterwards,and left.the kitchen sink with unwashed pans and veggie peelings... I'll have to deal with that. woke up at around 11:30 (did I somehow sleep through phone alarm?) and sadly realised that the eye infection seems to have spread to the other eye as well, ugh! I cleaned it with warm compresses and put drops in both eyes. Went online and checked MyChart and no results yet from the PCR test.
Sunday was pretty much more of the same. (sleep, get up for meds, scramble for some food, go back to sleep) I managed to stack up the dishes, but lacked the energy to actually wash them, preferring to use my limited spoons to change the bed linens (especially the pillowcases, as that is strongly suggested for eye infection cases.) The prescription cough perles do make a difference; while my throat is still most dreadfully sore, I can manage to not try and cough it out of my body. No word yet on PCR results
While I was traveling, I brought with me a bit of hand sewing, the cut out pieces to make a pair of bed socks from Polartec. with the idea that (if I finished them on the airplane heading outbound) they could become "travel slippers". I didn't manage to finish them at all on my trip, though, which rather put paid to that concept. They will, however, be nice to use when putting lotion on my feet, to protect the bedsheets, and be a bit of extra warmth. Not that extra warmth is needed currently - I've switched to the one set of high thread cound cotton percale bedsheets for their lovely smooth "coolness"
※※※
Gradually. very very gradually actually, doing laundry and putting away my travel garments. The rayon pieces I stitched up in such a frenzy last month turned out to be just the right things for my trip, particularly the reversible rayon pinafore. It was so cool and comfortable to wear, that I am considering making up a second summer pinafore from my only other rayon dress length, which is a dull slightly irregular medium blue. It wouldn't be reversible of course, that being a fluke of the former printed fabric, but would still be a good addition to the summertime wardrobe. I am longing to have a good sort out of my overabundant textile resource shelves, as there is far too much there I am unlikely to turn into clothing, and a definite lack of fabric for garments I would want to wear! Why so much wool? Why no rayon?
※※※
August SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | bed socks | - | - |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. Immediate Care doc prescribed cough perles, which seem to help, at least a bit...
2. small tech for checking health metrics - the pulse oximeter, the BP monitor and suchlike, so I can more easily know if my situation begins to deteriorate. Also, my keychain LED flashlight, which lets me have the dubious pleasure of actually seeing where my poor throat is inflamed.
3. A well stocked pantry and chest freezer, which make it possible for me to cook (however minimally) and eat without having to shop, since the nearest grocery is just over a mile away...
Time of Isolation - Day 1139

I'm so sorry you are suffering like this and admire your fortitude in carrying on. Part of that fortitude comes, I think, from your anticipation of things you want to make, once good health returns. Please continue to take care of yourself; your blog is highly valued by many!
ReplyDelete