Well dang! Call back from dermatologist today and they want me in next week for a full surgical excision, not just the biopsy. This is standard protocol for squamous carcinoma. I thought the biopsy results meant they got it all, but the doctor wants to be certain. Can't fault that, actually agree with that. Not looking forward to a bigger bite taken out of my arm though, or the worrying until full results of pathology are in, (but better all that in order to be sure they got every bit of malignancy gone. I am also simply rather
※※※
time in the tinyworld:
There are several tinyworld online challenges this month: on Instagram it is #julyminifun, with a different prompt for every day in July, and on the SCA Miniaturists FB page, the challenge of the month is "cardboard furniture" (with the intent to show miniature making can be more accessible with commonly available materials and tools) time in the tinyworld:
※※※
While I didn't post every single day last month, I did manage to post 23 days of the 30. Not bad. I also noticed that despite it being a month with a fair amount of foo, it was also a month with a fair amount of major projects being completed...
This was a new one for me, while out walking I took a different turning, and found these charming oversized pet statues sitting in front of a house. A closer looksee and they seem to be possible fiberglass sculptures originally used as store displays?
※※※
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | - | yard waste bin |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - For some reason my mom had stashed away in a cupboard an assortment of eight different vintage House of Miniature furniture kits, as well as a vintage Chrysnbon bathroom kit! Perhaps she wanted to make a dollhouse at some point? I'm glad my sister salvaged them for me. While the classic furniture styles are not really my jam, I will be able to make good use of these high quality never-opened kits, either directly, or recombined, adapted, or kitbashed as components of other furniture pieces.
Time of Isolation - Day 834

I'm grateful you and your doctor are taking steps to protect your precious life. You are offering so much to your world!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm eager to see what you do with the kits your mother collected.
thank you Carol! I meant to reply to your comment about melanoma and then life intervened and I never got back to that post... I am so grateful that you are still here as well, I cannot imagine what you must have gone through! I always figure that if I am still here, I am not done yet with whatever I'm here to do in this life...
Delete