Sunday, August 22, 2021

owie

in which our plucky heroine has a bad toothache...

(noted for the record)

 It's been about six weeks now since I had periodontal surgery (July 7th). My poor tooth was mostly feeling better, but since midday Friday (August 20th) I've been having symptoms that concern me...

Pain, intermittent but increasing. If I chew on that side at all, immediate pain that takes a while to stop. Friday night I had an episode of chills, without fever. An overall sense that something is very wrong.  I am scared that I may have an infection, either in the tooth, and or the gum, or the bone. Or that the tooth is broken and will need extracted. Or both. I was going to try and hold out over the weekend, but I'm worried now that might be foolish, and will call the dental school today anyway, though not sure what use that would be on a Sunday I've no idea.

4 comments:

  1. Call! Don’t let it be a real emergency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. phone call has been made, waiting on callback with options to be seen... I think it makes more sense to go to the Dental School rather than the ER, which would be my only today-option

      Delete
  2. Sunday evening temperature is 99.2 ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending best thoughts and support your way!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed