Wednesday, June 17, 2020

wishful Wednesday - more tinyworld time

in which our plucky heroine took some time off...

...in times of isolation, a tiny world can be a place to rest and recover equanimity. And so, I made a new little housemate for Acorn Cottage, because the little bed I made was asking for someone to sleep there.
I'd made a few of these tiny rag dolls earlier, Hazel and Zinnia, who ended up going to Olympia to live with little Kestrel's other dollhouse people... Ann Wood creates wonderful and whimsical well-written patterns that are a joy to use.

"
I decided that stripey stockings would be a fun change from my previous attempts, primarily because some micro-stripe fabric turned up

Her name is Nandina, and since her older sister Zinnia left behind her SCA clothing when she moved North, I was able to dress her right away...
Her SCA clothing still needs a bit of detailing (tiny brooches, and some other bling) and she really needs shoes, too...

※※※

I miss and wish for a time when touch is possible, when a strong and gentle hug can go on and on, soothing and enlivening to all involved, when a passionate kiss between dearloves is not potentially deadly, when something as simple as sitting close and holding another's hand as support during an emotional time was/is not fraught with unintended consequence. May those days come again.
※※※

~ 100 day creativity challenge - day 21 ~
Nandina may be only just over 5" tall, but she still has something to say! She needs her own face mask, and some modern clothing... I think she is getting a pair of tiny overalls next.
※※※

a wonderful take on a favorite song...

※※※

beauty in the time of isolation - day 88:
an amazing allium, about as big as both my hands outstretched...
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 5½ pints rhubarb sauce apple tree pruned rotten beams
2 20 masks for Tulliaapples thinnedfrozen blueberries
3 2¾ pints blueberry sauceaphids soaped yard waste bin
4 3 half-pints bramble syrup peas harvested yard waste bin
5 turquoise linen pinaforex -
6 2 more masks x
-
7 tiny Nandina x -
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - so many kindhearted gifts this last week... a multicolor set of Sharpie pens, some cut-to-size lino blocks and lino ink, a delivery of produce, and a USB webcam so I can use the laptop instead of squinting into the cell phone for zoom-time!

3 comments:

  1. I was so tickled to see that you had made yourself another tiny rag doll. She is a beauty. I love her SCA garb and will look forward to seeing what modern clothes you make her. I have several free knitting and crochet patterns on Ravelry if you're interested. I really like the fabrics you picked. She has really nice hair too.

    We saw our younger son's daughters this past weekend for the first time since December. We put on cloth masks to get hugs, but later in the day when the four-year-old gave me a spontaneous hug, I didn't back away. I've been yearning to hug them for months. The little ones have been home for months too and the grown ups mask up when they go in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I will have to look on your Ravelry for suitable knitwear (I do not crochet at all) How very wonderful that you were able to have a grandchild visit and live person hugs!! I am sure that will do much to create a happy heart.

      Delete
    2. I was tickled to see you had introduced Nandina to the Tiny Rag Doll Nation Ravelry group. I hope you find some of the knitting patterns helpful. You can't know how much getting to see and actually hug my grandsweeties has meant. We got to see our other son's girls on Father's Day.

      I think my bursting into tears when I saw the plastic "hugging station" on the news that a daughter had made so her mom could hug her granddaughter gave my husband the determination that we would give them hugs the next time we saw them one way or another. I tried to explain that it wasn't just for me I was crying, but for everyone out there starved for hugs and human affection.

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed