in which our plucky heroine looks again towards the beginning of a new year...
My ongoing goal-setting seems to be becoming gradually more realistic, while my personal motto has solidly taken the form of "incremental progress is still progress". I have been using the concept of SMART* goals for the last three years, in combination with this blog as a way of keeping track.
In the last three years I have made significant progress in making things, (mostly for others, but some for myself as well) in assorted mending and repair of my home and surroundings, and in my decluttering of Acorn Cottage... Because this format works for me, I intend to continue using this method of recordkeeping indefinitely. Stay tuned for the Great Big Chart reveal tomorrow, of all that was accomplished in 2016...
My goals for 2017, in no particular order:
- Finally sew enough clothing to meet my personal goal of functional seasonal wardrobes, to end up with a weeksworth of clothing for summertime and layers for the colder seasons. Being an active participant in online sewing challenges like SWAP 2016 and the seasonal 6PACs will help keep me motivated.
- Finish the major decluttering of Acorn Cottage, and organise the supplies, tools, and materials of daily life. I've been gradually working on this project for the last three years, with the goal of having a living space that allows me to focus on vocational and avocational actions instead of on finding lost things
- Teach at least one artisanry* workshop every month. As I will never be able to return to housecleaning as my primary income, moving forward in a different direction of sharing my knowledge and skills with others is my goal
*enameling, metalwork, stitchery, or handicraft
- Outside the house improvements: improve the chicken habitat here at Acorn Cottage, create yard tool storage, add at least one or more garden beds for vegetable growing, and set up the carport as an outdoor room...
- Finally paint at least one room in the interior of the house other colors than "former owner white" once the weather is warm enough for opening the windows
- Create some personal artwork (possibly suitable for gallery showing), in at least one of the techniques that I enjoy
- Begin finding ways to work towards a more kindly world with justice and options for all people
- Continue to care well for my body, without which none of these goals are possible or relevant!
*SMART = Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely (SMART) goals