Thursday, December 17, 2015

a nifty natal-day treat


in which our plucky heroine begins the celebration a few days early...

This afternoon the doorbell rang, and a surprisingly large package was delivered.
Inside the package was a large bouquet of red and white tulips, along with instructions as to their proper care and feeding...
The attached card let me know who is responsible... I love how my parents refer to themselves - it makes them sound like Harley-riding wild folks!
These flowers need to rehydrate after their long airplane trip, so (as per the instructions) are currently still all encased in the cone of protection, with nice freshly cut stems and the glass vase full of clean water. Tomorrow I will release them and take a better photo of the full effect!
It is a treat to have cut flowers to decorate Acorn Cottage, it always makes me feel both festive and wealthy. Eventually there will be an assortment of flowers and foliage growing here to fill that niche, but as my natal day is Midwinter, actual flowers will always be a luxury, and one that my family indulge me in...

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful present!! Happy Birthday and many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful and pretty gift! Happy Birthday from another Midwinter girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete