On Sunday (hooray hooray the first of May) some friends and I went out of the city and up towards Mt. Hood...
first there is a mountain,then there is no mountain,
then there is ...
melting snow creates myriad waterfalls
a dance of sunshine and water
the mountain shines clear
Wy'east
in shade and snow, the road ends
and we decide to turn back~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
Appleblossom in the backyard, on my dwarf Akane apple. With luck, some of the neighborhood honeybees might find this little tree...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
In the interest of figuring out useful ways to make the morning routine go more smoothly, I am wondering if making up a batch of these "Breakfast Baked Eggs" would be helpful. I've tried making crustless quiche, but that is a bit difficult to just grab-n-go. (I once tried making them in paper cupcake liners, which was not a good idea). There are certainly plenty of small canning jars here at Acorn Cottage.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
On closer observation, the potted fig trees do not just have unfolding leaves, but some of the nubbins on their branches are actually fig babies! Mayhap this year there will be homegrown figs to eat...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
I saw this flashlight online and think it might be added to my Wednesday wishlist, although the wishlist is getting rather long these days. Figuring out how best to prioritise the various useful things is kind of a challenge - there are things for house, garden, and self, at all kinds of price points. Other than choosing first the things that will further life's necessity (water/food/shelter/protection/connection) rather than things that are just for pretty or just for fun, I'm still struggling with "what first?" Probably eyeglasses, since without being able to see clearly all else is far too challenging. I do wish that I'd bought one of these readymade rocket stoves before the price doubled though...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed