Saturday, August 28, 2010

wasted day, peculiar behavior

Well that was both well and truly annoying, and also a little wierd... After arranging with the "two guys" (who supposedly wanted my car to fix up their own) that they would come and pick it up and pay me on Friday around lunchtime, between 11 and noon, I set up my schedule yesterday so that could happen... and waited, and waited, and waited...

After calling them around 2PM got a very odd callback about how the tow truck driver would pay for it and I should sign it over to him (!?! wtf?), then another callback to say that no, don't do that that they were on the way with the money (?!? more wth?) and then I waited...and waited... for another four hours!! The tow truck drove by, but didn't stop, our street was too small, and the ostensible "guys who wanted the car" never showed up at all! I called and left a message on their machine saying that (as I'd waited over seven hours) the car was no longer for sale -

There is no excuse for such odd and discourteous behavior, I just can't believe that they were stuck in traffic for seven hours; I know that the traffic between here and Vancouver is sometimes bad but not that bad!

SO Nimblefoot is still in the driveway taking up space, albeit now completely empty and without license plates (I paid for those plates, they don't go with the car. I'm going to make them into bookends) It was rather unexpectedly sad to clean out the car, there was still rather a quantity of Smokey hair dusted over the back seat debris...

Question now is: sell the car to the parts junkyard, or try to sell it on Craigslist...

2 comments:

  1. I would try craigslist and see if you get lucky and find the right person. Our trailer went in under a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craigslist but don't let them in your house...

    ReplyDelete