The trees here are getting closer, and the plums are ripe and ready for me to start putting them in the freezer. Earlier today Gersvinda texted me and asked if she could borrow my fruit picker, as the pears at her mom's house are ready. Of course I said yes! I am glad I have a Useful Tool that will help access more homegrown fruit, and I've much enjoyed the pears she has shared with me in past years. Time to clear the sideboard and make room for the dehydrator. Mmmm dried pears are like candy, and I bet they would be good in this pear tart, too.
I've been using the Tiny Doll Wardrobe Challenge as a way to fill in various gaps in the garments of my four tinyfolk, and this week I decided that Almandine needed a new top. With one side from a scrap of Kaffe Fassett (I think "Millefiori", in brown) and the other a soft green silk with pale red stripes, it coordinates with all the rest of her clothing. And now that I have sussed out how to make Almandine-tail-friendly pants, she is will soon have a pair made from that green/red shot linen that was used for one of the pairs of shorts for Kestrel's dollies...
※※※
SIL Barb phoned me today, and we had a good talk. I wish she and my brother didn't live all the way across the continent!
※※※
September SMART goals (x=extra)
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | a dozen tetras | porch valance | plum logs |
| 2 | tiny doll shorts | mask elastics | oldest pinafore |
| 3 | Almandine clothing | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. There will be another indigo workshop in October at the art store! I have enough notice to maybe prep shibori!!
2. Today I picked the 2¼ pounds of ripe plums from the Wanda prune plum outside the bedroom window. I love that tree, seeing the flowers in the spring, and watching the fruit gradually ripen over the summer.
3. Gersvinda will borrow my fruit picker for pears, and likely bring some over when she returns it!
Time of Isolation - Day 1519

Clever reversible top. The pieces must be so tiny. Plums and pears - yummy!
ReplyDelete