charter #2 is done... (still not happy with the drapery, but I'm going to call it good enough) and in fixing the not-always-inevitable paint droplet, I ended up adding a little cat hiding behind the woman's skirts...
as always, I was experimenting... on the lefthand figure, I did some very rough shading over the base color of blue, with a darker blue, and then decided to see what would happen if I added stripes... by varying the distance between the stripes, all of a sudden the legs became very dimensional!
My pleasure at figuring this out was tempered by the difficulty I had with the woman's clothing. I tried my best to make some kind of sense out of it, drapery is even more difficult to parse out than faces, at least human faces have a somewhat consistent if varied structure.
※※※
Am continuing to slowly make progress on the cardigan yoke (which might go faster if I knitted more than just when I am on transit). Today I realised it was large enough to add an additional cable length to the circular needle, which also allowed me to pull it over my head to get an idea of how it will look.
Am most pleased with my color choices, the varied indigo/denim blues are a great match for my eyes, and the "sunbeams" in the colorwork remind me vaguely of the way eye color also varies with a vertical grain perpendicular to the circumference. The yoke is about a third of the way done, since there are two more increase rounds yet to add, despite my being about halfway up the colorwork chart. It will be a lovely thing, when completed; with luck it will be done while it is still cool enough to wear it. My hope is to have it completed this month...
※※※
This week I began several new tiny 1/2" enamels for regalia; some will become Very Small brooches to fasten the edges of Roman garb. As long as Tullia keeps getting recognised for her contributions, I will keep making these... (and for other people who also think that this is a good idea, too!)In 2015 I first made a set of tiny regalia brooches for Tullia, which she used as a way of fastening her Roman tunica, and being able to display her awards and local affiliations and interests in a subtle way... Then in 2016, she was awarded a Jambe de Lion, and several Baronial awards, so more tiny enamels were needed. These most current two, below, are the dragon head from the Barony of Dragon's Mist, where she now resides, and the Goutte de Sange, an An Tir kingdom service award...
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | charter #2 | stripey vest buttons | - |
| 2 | 2 tiny enamels | x | - |
| 3 | x | x | - |
| 4 | x | x | - |
| 5 | x | x | x |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - it was a beautiful day today, not cold, not hot, not raining or snowing... and my acupuncture treatment eased the pain wonderfully, at least for the moment



No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed