Ever since I was a child, stress gives me the collywobbles, and my tummy takes a turn for the worse, and since there are some new challenges currently on the table, I ended up with part of the day discommoded, as it were. Some tea and broth, rice and maybe some applesauce shall hopefully set me to rights, but today was not as productive as I had hoped for. Still, I've made some lists of the what to do next items, and will be gentle with self for the rest of the evening.
Bit by bit, various additions to the tinyfolk wardrobe tin come together into holiday outfits. I hope to have festive clothing for all four of them this year. The witchy hats I knit last October will be perfect spooky season accessories… I made Opal a black silk top and the gored skirt this year, and the crocheted camisole from Dawn makes an excellent vest. Now all she needs is some sort of autumnal footgear… I’m thinking about sponsoring a Tiny Rag Doll Nation spooky season challenge next month, if folks would be interested…
※※※
My friend Eva shared the recipe for this Creamy Pumpkin and Red Lentil Soup, and it is so delicious and so easy that I have added it to my notebook of "make this again"... Most of the ingredients are (or can be) shelf stable pantry staples, or refrigerator condiments. I normally have Thai red chili paste, and Better Than Bouillon on hand, which is also a plus. I usually have some coconut milk, but up to now hadn't kept canned pumpkin on the storage shelf. That will change, and this time of year it sometimes is on sale, so a good time to stock up... I did pre-soak the red lentils, not that they need it, but it makes the on the stove cooking time even shorter.
※※※
Another box suitable for wrapping tiny gifts for the Advent Swap is the masu box. If you start with a 3½" square of paper, your finished box will measure 1¼" across. The tutorial also has directions for folding a second box just larger enough to make a lid that slides over the first box:
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | a dozen tetras | porch valance | plum logs |
| 2 | tiny doll shorts | mask elastics | oldest pinafore |
| 3 | Almandine clothing | origami boxes | recycle bin |
| 4 | skirt for Opal | - | yard waste bin |
| 5 | cardigan for Opal | - | recycle bin |
| 6 | black top for Opal | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. I am still in my right mind, and however troublesome the decisions and things I need to cope with, at least I can do so according to my own ethics and preferences.
2. Naps, naps are good
3. Drawing... I have been able to do so since before I have conscious memory. I remember being shown a recognisable "horse" I painted in nursery school. We each come in with gifts, I very much enjoy mine...
Time of Isolation - Day 1533

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed