Monday, June 3, 2024

odds and ends

in which our plucky heroine spends the day playing catch up...

...a whole random assortment of small bits needed closure, and fortunately most of them could be done over the phone. Mysterious email request turned out to be some normal recurring paperwork. Scrip from PCP was in fact waiting for me to ride over and pick it up, they just forgot to phone me. Estimate from Honl tree care was sent through a different mode and missed my email, so they sent it over again directly et voila. And so forth... It took up most of the day after my online meeting with friend Leslie this morning.
※※※

~ horses, horses ~
The shawl collar on this blouse was always sort of problematic, this is the second time I've reworked it, but this is a lot better than the previous iterations. I trimmed the edge down all the way around, cut away some of the center back to get it to lie flat, and then added a Very Narrow bias bound edge, small enough that it needed hand stitched rather than being topstitched. I've also ordered more of the Heather Ross fabric, and will be altering and extending the sleeves to full length. I think my phase of making everything with ¾ sleeves has come to an end...
※※※

odd and disturbing - an envelope in the mailbox addressed to me by name, that was a subtly designed union busting scam request, made to look like it came from the Oregon Teacher's Union but really from an ultra right wing group trying to get people to not renew their membership in the union. I had to read through the paperwork twice to figure out what it was actually saying. (I am confused since I have never been a school teacher or a union member of said group) There is much of info online about this scam.
※※※

~ a Very Good Dog ~
Sequoia the Japanese Akita dog is a good boy, albeit quite interested in the tiny sushi that was my Day 1 gift in the Countdown to the Summer Solstice miniature swap
※※※

So. I got my paper copy of prescription, and rode out to Safeway to the pharmacy there, to try and fill it find out the cost to get it filled.  It was complicated. First they asked me to come back in an hour to give them time to input the request. There is no place to sit in the shopping plaza so I went out for a walk, then realised I was hungry, because hello, it is dinnertime, so I got a takeout burger and fries from Burgerville (I never do this, but needs must in this case)... Came back to the pharmacy, and the clerk said she needed to check with the pharmacist, so I could come back in another half an hour. Ugh! I walked around the huge parking lot twice, tried to phone some friends, and went back inside the store. Another session at the counter giving them my information two more times, and somehow it finally spit out an approval, not through OHP, which doesn't cover this generic cheap though prescription only medication, but through something called Good Rx. My copay was just over $1.50. Worth the annoyance, as the pharmacy closer to my house wanted about $200 for the same thing. And in the future it should be a simpler hoop to jump through, as I can phone in "refill"!
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 - horses blouse edge
-
2 ---
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. I remain able to ride my bike, for running errands and for pleasure. This is an ability that not everyone has, or manages to keep.
2. 13K steps. Well, that was partially bicycle and partially walking. All the way to PCP office in one direction, then all the way to St Johns and back in the opposite direction. I am a bit tired now...
3. After much travail, finally got one of my medications refilled

Time of Isolation - Day 1425

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed