Tuesday, June 4, 2024

ᕿᕕᐅᖅ (qiviut)

in which our plucky heroine picks up the carving gouges...

It has been a while since I worked on any linocut prints, and it has been feeling like time to get back to it.
※※※

~ tinyprint Tuesday ~
4th in my series of eight textile livestock miniature linocut prints - musk ox, source of qiviut fiber... This print is a proof, as I still need to mount it on a wooden backing handle, which will let me get a clearer image. I still see some areas that need worked on, but it is a good start. I'm pleased with my idea to show a night sky and snow as background...
※※※

Did a bit more on the Star Wars cosplay clothing. The adjustments have been made on the cardboard pattern pieces, and the wool tunic has had the seams opened up where the sides need taken in... Still aiming to have it done by this Friday
※※※

~ Day 4 ~
Very small sliced oranges and an apple half are a good start on a miniature fruit basket...
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 musk ox print
horses blouse edge
-
2 ---
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Lisanne and Leslie both are willing to convert the .pages to PDFs so I can access the content. I have the best Sewing Nomad pals!!
2. An observant West Kingdom Laurel noticed someone had made a medallion copying my Pelican medallion design (exactly!?!), and asked me about it. Now I shall send my concerned and appalled comments to the necessary people. Theft is never okay!
3. the floor lamp works pretty well as general lighting in the kitchen

Time of Isolation - Day 1426

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed