Today is the start of the "countdown to the summer solstice miniature swap"... (or "twenty days that start with a dopamine hit"). It is such fun to have a little surprise to unwrap every morning, and the denizens of Tansu Terrace are also looking forward to finding out what will become new additions to their lifestyles
some agateware style plates, and an assortment of sushi: salmon nigri and norimaki rolls... a tasty dinner for my tiny friends! (penny for scale)
a pair of ceramic mugs... most excellently, their handles are just the right size to hang from the hooks of the farmhouse plate rack. I added some minor adaptations to the Ann Wood tutorial, for extra "cup hooks" made from sewing notions.
※※※
Yesterday after a stop at TJ to pick up some almonds, it seemed like a good idea to check for a light fixture supplies at A-Boy. Much to my surprised pleasure, in the replacement parts section they had a decorative glass shade like the one I had seen online, and on the other side of the aisle, just the sort of simple ceiling fixtures ditto. So I was able to buy the needed parts right away, though carrying them home in a box on the bus was a bit awkward.
※※※
※※※
Today's sewing task, working on the Star Wars cosplay tunic alteration and starting on the summertime replacement in green linen. I've also been repairing one of my blouses, the light blue one with horses on it (fabric designed by Heather Ross). The front edge of the shawl collar was being problematic, so I have cut it down to a better shape, recurved the center back neckline, and added a Very Narrow blue grey bias binding patterned in tiny irregular dots. So narrow as to need handstiched down, but it looks quite tidy. I am thinking about ordering a small piece of additional yardage, and making the sleeves full length instead of ¾ length.
※※※
June SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | horses blouse edge | - |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. The gentlemen clerks at A-Boy are really helpful with my uninformed queries. This may be because I show up there at a time when there are not very many other customers. Still, I very much appreciate it.
2. The internets let me know that the pretty unknown-to-me flowering tree I saw while out for a walk is a "Pink Chimes" Styrax japonica...
3. Dinner tonight was delicious, a sort of faux hash: steamed taters, some sauteed onion, and chopped up bits of corned beef slices that were in deep freezer stash from maybe two or three years ago. Also steamed broccoli. And a few spoonfuls of some caraway beet sauerkraut.
4. Once I gather the .pages content from the file folder, my online friend Lisanne is willing to convert them to PDF files so I can read them. I suspect that there are other pieces of Mom's writing in there, but it is all unreadable on a PC...
Time of Isolation - Day 1424


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed