Tuesday, June 6, 2023

tinyprint Tuesday and a great big ouch

in which our plucky heroine planned a bizzy day...

Since the forecast is well above my comfort zone, I chose to do the outdoor chores as early as I had a chunk of time for, and intended to do the indoor tasks from after lunch into the too warm evening...

But instead, my goldarned SI joint has decided to once again secede from my body, now causing me rather a lot of pain. I don't know if it was Too Much time using the string trimmer, or just sitting or standing wrong, or coming indoors after almost an hour of working vigorously outside as it got hotter and hotter, and not being able to continue movement after that, or what... most of the time I never know, (though it has been over a year since my body did this thing, which was at that time caused by the dreadful airplane seats).  I hate how pain makes the world get really small. I may need to visit the acupuncturist, if this does not abate, in the hope of getting some modicum of relief. I miss having the closed down city pool available. I will always miss that.
※※※

~ 100 days of printmaking - day 37 ...~
Tinyprint Tuesday - Today I began on the wee little book "F is for fun" which will have five very small prints: fan, feather ,fire, fox, and fungus. This fox print is just a bit larger than ¾" square. In carving this one I learned that I really do not prefer the soft grey carving media, at least not for such small pieces, the hard grey lino is much better suited. I do have a few other types of the soft media leftover from other projects, and it will be useful to do a trial to see if there are others that work better. Since the purpose of the 100 day printmaking project is to learn...
※※※

Yesterday I dropped one of the pyrex custard cups into the full pan of dishwashing, which broke a large chip off the rim of one of my favorite  handmade breakfast bowls. I am hoping to use epoxy to repair it, which has worked and held up well in the past on other special ceramics. =Depending on where the broken part is, and in this case the break is right on the outside of the outer edge of the rim, the bowl can be supported in a larger bowl full of rice, and the chip ends up being held in place by gravity while the epoxy cures. Wish me luck...
※※※

Yay for me. I just spent over three quarters of an hour doing yardwork. Did about a quarter of the needed string trimming down the "hayfield" that is the backyard currently. And cut back a fair amount of the overgrown feral roses and Feral Grapevine. Anyone who knows me at all well knows that I truly LOATHE doing yardwork, hence the yay...

I was shamed into actually going outside in the sunshine to do this because nice neighbor boy, who I paid last year to do the string trimming, sent me a text asking if I needed help... which isn't the best of motivators, but since I want to spend those funds on the visit my mom instead of on the yard grass, I girded loins, covered up from top to toe, masked, and started doing the thing. Best estimate it will take me another week to get the rest of the front and back yard dealt with.
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 some quilt squares
tea rose temperature
rose and grapevines
2 -partial backyard mown
some grass
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Most of the time, I can move without pain. Just not today.
2. I managed to find the ceramic chip in the sink, so I can attempt repairing the cereal bowl
3. It feels like I am making progress on the care tasks and on my work tasks

a bird list for Kestrel: House Finch, Scrub Jay, Crow, Dark Eyed Junco, Starlings, Peacocks.

Time of Isolation - Day 1081

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the epoxy repair. My Dad repaired a favorite coffee mug with epoxy and it held for years. After he passed, it was a poignant reminder of my beloved Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed