Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday music and miscellany

in which our plucky heroine makes incremental progress in various directions...

Almost done wirebending the new Laurel enamel wires. Today was a very scattered day, full of what felt like random care tasks, and peculiar exhaustion (not that peculiar, since I slept really poorly last night) and I had to put off turning on the kiln, but tomorrow should see good progress. If I get enough done this evening, I may turn it on just long enough to do the counter enameling. Nope, still too tired, and fire arts when not fully alert are bad.
※※※

~ daypack project ~
Every day I try and make a bit of headway on the new daypack (for me)... At this point, the whole front panel is completed, as I added the sides. I am still really happy with the Cada Johnson decorative patch on the front pocket. This past weekend I put together the layered straps. I still need to assemble the back panel, the inner liner with it's own zippered pocket, and various small attachment pieces, but steady progress will have this done this month if all goes well.
※※※

~ Moody Blues quilt ~
Sewing a new square every day is now more than a quarter done with filling in the sides of the patchwork. I realised that in order to get the patches to give me the overall even distribution of printed fabrics that I need to lay out the squares prior to stitching them together. This is one of the aspects that formerly stumped me years ago; now I just have the already finished parts draped across the futon, and can mix and match the cut pieces to the best effect. Still don't love patchwork, but it will be a beautiful summertime coverlet when it is finished. The most worn of my flannel flat sheets will be the inner layer, and there is, of course, the pretty blue rocket ship flannel sheet I bought twenty years ago to be the backing.
※※※

Well... that was frustrating. The USPS app said my rainbow floss was out for delivery today, but the postie never put anything at all in my mailbox, though they did pick up the utility bills! Hopefully the floss will arrive tomorrow, and wasn't delivered to someone else's house.
※※※

~ a tune for today ~

※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 quilt squares
tea rose temperature
-
2 ---
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. today I did a test while cooking dinner, and it turns out that broccolini stems do not need to be peeled; they cook up tender enough to not be annoying, unlike actual broccoli.
2. I can still ride my bike, I can still walk around. I never am not grateful for this
3. Almost done with Mt Dishmore.

a bird list for Kestrel: House Finch, Scrub Jay, Crow, Dark Eyed Junco, Starlings, Peacocks.

Time of Isolation - Day 1080

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed