Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday miscellany

in which our plucky heroine is managing to make it through another Monday...

Mostly a day of doing chores, catching up on the neverending care tasks. Mt Washmore is down to just a few eroded foothills now, which I cannot say about Mt Dishmore, yet. It should be cooler for the rest of the week, so finally getting the enamels finished is in order!! I will be very very glad when they are completed, as I have many ideas clamoring to be created, and will also be able to open up the queue for future commissioned regalia. "proficere lente sed proficere"
※※※

  . 
The rainbow linen gauze arrived today, having been shipped all the way from Lithuania (thanks to Etsy). I ordered it on the 2nd of June. The colors are lovely, bright without being garish, and the fabric has a pleasant feel. It is, as labeled, a gauze fabric, and they really mean it! Very very transparent, and more loosely woven than the fabric from Fabrics-store. I'm curious to see how the hand and density will change once I preshrink it. At 2 yards, I may have bought too much...
※※※

Woe and alas my cranky back is still really cranky, despite using various salves, and doing the PT exercises I was given the last time it did this. Probably time for acupuncture. OTOH the antibiotics have done wonders for the other issue, and with luck a few days of eating yogurt will help with how sulfa deranges my digestion. Fortunately, it is summer, and a breakfast of yogurt and fruit is a nice way to start the day, or, a pleasant small bit of sweetness to end a meal.
※※※

Today I finished up the first half of the needed 40 squares to complete the coverlet. I'm thinking I may just back it with the rocket ship flannel and forgo any filling at all. That would leave it fairly lightweight, suitable for summer, or to use as a bedspread the rest of the year. I have observed that there are two sorts of people: those who like heavy bedcovers, and those who do not. I am in the "the lighter the better" group, and I don't want to make this too weighty.
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 some quilt squares
tea rose temperature
rose and grapevines
2 tinyprint fox
partial backyard mown
some grass
3 arm protectors
Acantha cereal bowl
some more grass
4 moar quilt squares
- recycle bin
5 -- yard waste bin
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. I have what may be a clever idea for how to make tiny enamel rainbow heart charms
2. progress on the coverlet continues steadily
3. a fresh mango, partially for another batch of coleslaw, and partially to gnaw around the pit.

Time of Isolation - Day 1086

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed