Sunday, June 11, 2023

eat the frog first...

in which our plucky heroine points out that no amphibians were harmed in creating this post....

Another day that started out with a bit of my favorite "June gloom" ie a bit of overcast and pleasantly cool; I celebrated by taking a nice long bike ride before breakfast. By the afternoon the sun will be out in force, and I will be either sewing or on a zoom meeting...
※※※

~ yard herbage ~
The lovage in my front yard is currently blossoming. Some of the flowers are higher than my head, this smaller cluster was where I could easily photograph it. I have occasionally used some of the leaves to season soup, or a stew, and one year I pickled the lovage seeds as a condiment for an Ancient Roman feast, but mostly it just remains an herb of impressive size.
※※※

I got test results back from earlier PCP visit, and indeed I do have an infection (as my symptoms have led me to believe for months now). Hopefully the antibiotics will deal with the problem I am already feeling better after only two days! Pharmacist also gave me a list of alternate meds for blood pressure that are more commonly approved by insurance, so I can do more research on whatever PCP decides to change me to.
※※※

Spending hours today sewing the rest of the pickle green linen tablecloth project. I really should have learned by now to just not take on home decor sewing commissions. Shot myself in the foot again as far as time needed for what seems like it should be simple. Making a double length tablecloth. Would have been straightforward (other than taking three times as long as I expected. Except that in addition the client didn't actually have enough fabric. Which will entail more pieces to make up the whole length, and hold up my being able to complete it. Grr to my own poor judgement, the client is not at all to blame for either difficulties, since they don't sew and were dependent on the fabric shop to sell them "enough" for their project. Ah well, still needs must be done, and I will mention to the fabric shop that I am no longer available for tablecloths or window treatments...

※※※

Friday I stopped at the art store whilst on my way home after picking up my antibiotics. I wanted to get a few small pieces of linoleum, and a piece of paper actually more suitable for printmaking than the watercolor postcards I have been using. While chatting with the clerks I mentioned my accidentally ordering intaglio ink from London, and the clerk who was ringing up my sale offered me a sample of Akua intaglio ink to try. Not a wee little sample either, but a new full size jar, apparently they had quite a few jars left over from and earlier in the year demo... At the rate and scale of my experimentation, that will likely last me for years!
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 some quilt squares
tea rose temperature
rose and grapevines
2 tinyprint fox
partial backyard mown
some grass
3 arm protectors
Acantha cereal bowl
some more grass
4 - - recycle bin
5 -- yard waste bin
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. large free sample jar of Akua intaglio ink
2. a lovely cool morning
3. found my missing tablet weaving cards and shuttle

Time of Isolation - Day 1085

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed