Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Progress, however incremental

in which our plucky heroine is doing her best...

Even when my best feels like not good enough. My goal for August is to make some progress on all the various fronts: housey stuff, and promised creative work, and contacting people about potential work, and need to not forget or begrudge my own creative fun for balance. And so far, I have made visible if small progress. Since the pandammit shows no signs of abatement, I must needs find a way to live within the constraints of isolation.
※※※

Wednesday's morning small but noticeable improvement was finally adding hooks to the bathroom wall for backup towels and bathrobe. Hopefully Thursday will see some continuing to paint the decorative trim to add to the sink surround...
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
Spent some time last night hanging out online with my pal Ursel, each of us doing desk work. I was able to get a bit more clarification on my current and long neglected scribal scroll project, and feel like it is time to begin transferring the design to bristol board prior to calligraphy and painting. I have five remaining backlog scrolls promised to create, and I know that once I begin, each will take on its own momentum. It is hard, so hard, to just work alone. In the Before Time, I would visit Marya, or go to Scribal Night, but those are not an option any more. I think I am going to do the drawings for several of the scrolls. Cannot really do the painting and calligraphy in my bedroom (though maybe if I set up an actual card table instead of just the TV tray table??)
※※※

The worm bin has finally been renewed. All the worm castings set aside in a bucket, to add to plantings here, and fresh torn newspaper bedding added. I put some extra layers of solid damp paper over the top to help the worms deal with the current heat wave, and will be careful to check on them every day. They are quiet and helpful kitchen pets. I gave them the peelings from my breakfast fruit, and all the stems from the spinach I recently cooked.
※※※

August SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Kestrel apron
ironing cart
yard waste bin
2 tiny armchair
shims for molding
recycle bin
3 tiny plate rack
tub trim added
ancient printer
4 four hair snoods
pruned quince + plum
-
5 -added bathroom hooks
-
6 x worm bin refreshed x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - Ursel messaged me reminding me of our plan to have an ongoing Wednesday evening video call...

Time of Isolation - Day 908

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed