Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine sleeps a lot...

The medication I was prescribed for my cranky back continues to bludgeon me into sleep, (not that getting 8 to 10 hours is a bad thing) and leaving me groggy when I am not actually sleeping. Tonight I will try taking the pill earlier in the evening. Once again I fell asleep again in the midafternoon, until about 7:30, and took another tablet. I can hopefully wake up early enough to run the box fans in the morning. We are back in a heat advisory, and tomorrow it will be close to 100F (37.7C) and since I've not been able to cool the house in the morning for a few days, it will be necessary to retreat to the bedroom with the AC.
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
I'm going to make some little mugs for the mug hooks on the plate rack. I found this tutorial on Instagram for enamel mugs made from paper. And there is the Ann Wood tutorial for making cups and plates from paperclay...

I've started on a new embroidered armchair for the library room at Caer Cardboard, since the first chair has now arrived at its destination. So far I've only finished embroidering the lower front panel, with the back and seat cushions left to do. I also made some whimsical chair legs, from wood dowel shaped by a pencil sharpener and a bit of filing with a needle file...

※※※

My dear friend Ariadne is a primary school teacher, and in these days of ongoing pandemic she not only wears a mask at work, but also covers her long hair with a fabric snood to protect it from the children's hands. Recently I found some of the pieces of fun Spoonflower printed fabric (octopi, sushi, and fishes oh my) she sent me back in 2020, that didn't get turned into masks, and so I am instead making her a new set of hair snoods for the upcoming school year. I started with the measurements from this pattern, with some modification because using woven rather than knit fabric, and because I only have fat quarters of fabric, there must needs be both some piecing and using a different piece of material for the long ties. Doing my best with the limited stock of fabric on hand here to find somewhat coordinating colors... I should have a nice bunch of protective gear to hand off to her when they come through town next week.
※※※

August SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Kestrel apron
ironing cart
yard waste bin
2 tiny armchair
shims for molding
recycle bin
3 tiny plate rack
tub trim added
ancient printer
4 four hair snoods
pruned quince + plum
-
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude- a slightly less painful back...

Time of Isolation - Day 907

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed