Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thursday thoughts

in which our plucky heroine perseveres...

and is continuing to make headway with various tasks. After supportive help from friends yesterday I was able to get over the phone call difficulty, and today set up an initial consultation with the endodontist for the end of this month. I did quite a few house chores, cooked a tasty morsel of corned beef for supper, and worked...
※※※

time in the tinyworld + creativity challenge:
Progress report on the cloisonné sunflower enamel pendant: today, several hours of wire bending. My tiny friends, wearing their embroidered sunflower pinafores in solidarity with Ukraine, were hanging out on the workbench, supervising... They are glad to see that I am planning to use this to raise funds for humanitarian aid.

as I begin bending the wires, this shows the design changed from my initial rough sketch to one more suited to the cloisonné technique. Having the petals all be thinner, so they join the central flower rather than inset from one another, is both a crisper design and more functional for the way enamel behaves at 1500°F>

The wires are now ready for when I begin the actual enameling process, once the rest of my supplies arrive. The finished cloisonné pendant will be about 1" in diameter, and I hope raise some money for World Central Kitchen...
※※※

If there was any doubt about the arrival of springtime, the birds gone mad would be a good clue. I enjoyed seeing hummingbirds at the feeder next door. There were gatherings of chickadees in the trees in the front yard, and at least two different birds were noticeably investigating the mesh planter covers on the porch, and the metal awning window shades over the south windows...
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny tulips
more compost liners
yard waste bin
2 tiny crocus
mended gloves
recycle bin
3 yet moar tiny books
more apple pruning
books to LFL
4 little ladle
tiny bucket handle
recycle bin
5 tiny aprons
acquired 2021 tax forms
-
6 x clock movement replaced
-
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - this is what we all hope for...  that in the end, it will be okay. if it's not okay, it's not the end...

Time of Isolation - Day 732

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed