Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday sewing and stuff...

in which our plucky heroine considers what to do next...

I often wish that there was more than one of me. I have outdoor yard things that need to happen soon, I have actual income work (huzzah!), I have scribal volunteer artwork that needs done, and I have my avocational activity, which I think is the only thing keeping me sane, if barely. Not to mention that I am fairly debilitated both physically and emotionally. Plucky heroine does not give up, but has been spending far too much time unable to drag self from bed, or returning to bed to nap.
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
My tiny friends have a new rug. I found an Etsy artisan that prints out lovely rugs on various fabrics, this one is on a dense shallow plush. The design and colors are very reminiscent of an antique rug we had when I was a child...
※※※

remaining steps to complete the chore jacket:
insert replacement side panel,
bind inner edge of facing,
baste facing into jacket,
cut 5 yards edge bias binding
bind outer edge of jacket

sew sleeve linings,
insert sleeve linings
     (hand stitch to armscye seam allowances, baste to cuff edge),

create cuff facings,
bind cuff facing edges,
baste and stitch in place
bind cuff edges

design pockets
create pockets (stitch to front panels)

find buttons for lining,
add buttonholes to facing,
stitch facings in place

Create warmth lining and attach buttons...
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny tulips
more compost liners
yard waste bin
2 tiny crocus
mended gloves
recycle bin
3 yet moar tiny books
more apple pruning
books to LFL
4 little ladle
tiny bucket handle
recycle bin
5 tiny aprons
acquired 2021 tax forms
-
6 x clock movement replaced
-
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - my brother and nephew, though now sick with plaguey Covid, are doing well enough in isolation at home, and so far my dear sister in law is still healthy (and cooking chicken soup for them)

Time of Isolation - Day 735

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog very much, I check to see if you have shared a bit of yourself when I have a smidgen of time for the online world.
    The Plucky Heroine has endodontal issues that may be contributing to her need for extra rest as her body works to heal itself.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed