It is still all drizzly-mizzly out at midday, and is forecast to remain so till tomorrow, so I may have to just bundle up and have a Very Damp walk. Yesterday I did not, and felt the lack all day, along with disrupted sleep/wake. When I get out and move, then my whole day goes better, so it would be a good way to start the season.
Did a little better this morning with tasks of minor executive function: dishes are all put away, as is the languishing Mt Washmore (there is one load still going round in the tumble dryer, but everything else is folded and put away, or hanging in the furnace closet to dry) I am finding that making my to do list up the night before is helpful, as I can look around and notice what has not been finished or even started...
I still remember the first time I tasted a blood orange, on one of the trips that Mr Dawson and I took to the Bay Area back in the day. I still love them better than any other citrus. My produce order this last week had some particularly good ones, with dark green/red skin and deep red fruit inside. I ate the last one today, and have saved the skin in the freezer to be candied and put aside for next years fruitcake
※※※
In further thought about my chore jacket/barn coat project: I am not sure I will add the "button in" lining feature... I have been reading up on it, and some folks, rather than having a sleeveless lining that buttons in, simply also create a sleeveless "vest of warmth" that does not button in, thereby avoiding having button lumps. I had not thought about how the buttons would feel inside the coat, particularly around the upper back neckline, particularly underneath my knapsack... (I have clothing texture issues anyway - hello dreaded back neckline tags that MUST be removed!). This will also remove a few steps from my assembly process, thereby having the coat a little bit closer to being completed while the weather is still cool enough...
※※※
The words in this mantra are Sanskrit. The translation in English “May well-being, peace, wholeness and tranquillity, happiness and prosperity be achieved by all”
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny tulips | more compost liners | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny crocus | mended gloves | recycle bin |
| 3 | yet moar tiny books | more apple pruning | books to LFL |
| 4 | little ladle | tiny bucket handle | recycle bin |
| 5 | tiny aprons | acquired 2021 tax forms | - |
| 6 | x | clock movement replaced | - |
| 7 | x | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I have food, and I have access to food. I have work, and access to work. I have a roof over my head, a body that mostly functions okay. I have friends and family still walking in the bright world.
Time of Isolation - Day 736
I love reading your blog! I wanted to comment on removeable coat linings, as both I and my husband have such coats. Generally, there would only be buttons down both fronts, not in the back . Alternately, one can use zippers of various widths, since they would not be strained. Sometimes, there are zips along the front edges and sometimes there is 1 zip that goes around the entire coat (including the neck edge). In my RTW coat, my lining is a thin primaloft coat that I can wear in the shoulder seasons, but obviously, they can be made as vests as well. HTH
ReplyDeleteAbbey (sews)
Hi Abbey - I really appreciate your comments about removeable linings! While I have made my decision, it may very well be applicable to the raincoat project that this is a template for. I have only seen a few examples online, all of which had either buttons at the back neck, or as you also mentioned, zippers that go all the way round. It didn't occur to me that the only thing needed would be attachment at the front, and that the rest of the vest/lining would just stay in place without help, which seems obvious now that I think about it... I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading my varied posts here.
Delete