Monday, March 28, 2022

A small miscellany

in which our plucky heroine pays attention to changes...

Spring is definitely on the way. Today I noticed that there is new growth from the rhubarb in the parking strip. Perhaps it is time to renew the worm bin and add the worm compost to the rhubarb in hope of encouraging it. I love eating rhubarb, and hope to someday have a nice robust plant, if I can only figure out what it wants.
※※※

I was this year old when I found out that cuttings from one live grocery store basil plant are easy to root in water, and thereby create many new basil plants.
※※※

After much thought every step of the way here, the chore jacket project, intended as a sample for the raincoat project, is wearable, if not totally completed. There are patch pockets on the front, lined sleeves, and corduroy trim. When the large snaps I ordered online arrive, I will attach them as the front closure. If I make another one of these, I will certainly convert the back armscye to a swing back style, which would allow for less fullness in the jacket body while still facilitating movement (for the raincoat project, the extra seams that would entail would be an entry point for water). It does appear quite bulky, but then it is heavy denim intended for wearing over a wool cardigan - a late autumn/winter/early springtime garment...
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny tulips
more compost liners
yard waste bin
2 tiny crocus
mended gloves
recycle bin
3 yet moar tiny books
more apple pruning
books to LFL
4 little ladle
tiny bucket handle
recycle bin
5 tiny aprons
acquired 2021 tax forms
-
6 chore jacket
clock movement replaced
-
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - My good neighbors may be willing to help with moving wood chips and dirt into my big planter. Given how cranky my back is, this will make a huge difference!
Time of Isolation - Day 743

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed