Sunday, March 27, 2022

scribal Sunday

in which our plucky heroine spends most of the day with pen and paint...

Today was the remainder of the 48 Hour An Tir Scribal Backlog Challenge, and the 4th one I have participated in. So much fun, doing good by working on the backlog, hanging out online with other artists, and a chance to try new things (which is what I do to challenge myself).

The inspiration for my artwork was a specific Book of Hours in the collection of the Mount Angel Abbey, which had charming sidebar floral decorations that I fell in love with, a calendar section with golden columns separating small landscaped scenes, and even a lion (for the sign of Leo) that I could adapt to become the Lion of An Tir. I thought this style would be a good challenge for me, as I mostly have painted scrolls in an earlier style.
※※※

A detail:
 
(actual width 1")
I cannot yet show the whole completed scroll, because I am slow as a snail and never finish in 48 hours... but here is a sidebar detail I am particularly fond of...
※※※

Isn't this a resonant image that ran across my internets earlier this weekend: "Here’s to sitting in the darkness, then, with beauty and love, just sitting on our laps like cats — an orange one and a gray one." - Shawna Lemay.
※※※

Toothache has come ramping back up again, to my dismay. I do have dental appointments next week with two different specialists. I don't think repeated dosing with antibiotics is an ideal strategy, and hope we can figure out what to do about this... I am tired of being in pain.
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny tulips
more compost liners
yard waste bin
2 tiny crocus
mended gloves
recycle bin
3 yet moar tiny books
more apple pruning
books to LFL
4 little ladle
tiny bucket handle
recycle bin
5 tiny aprons
acquired 2021 tax forms
-
6 x clock movement replaced
-
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - sharing the artmaking online with other like-minded folks is some of the best fun that can be had while isolated at home.

Time of Isolation - Day 742

1 comment:

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed