Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wednesday whinge

in which our plucky heroine has a complaint...

I really wish that there were OTC pain meds that didn't tear up my gut, or that the medical establishment could sensibly differentiate between wanting to abuse drugs and wanting to get relief from post surgical pain. (I added ibuprofen to my Tylenol regimen, which did tone the pain down, but at the cost of my not being able to be more than a Very Short Distance from the Biffy, and having Terrible Gut Gripes) And that is the result of taking only 200mg every 8 hours.... so I'm back on just Tylenol. I remind self that in a few weeks the pain should ease off. Sigh.
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
It seemed like a good idea to give Nandina some little painted shoes. Since it is a little warm in the summer for her to be wearing knee high felt boots...
※※※

"A merry-go-round is all horses, a carousel is a mix of horses and other things, and a menagerie is entirely everything besides horses." I was this day old when I learned this distinction...
※※※

beauty in the time of isolation:
  
a beautiful, not yet fully unfurled, white California poppy
※※※

Wellington, my temporary canine housemate, is a great incentive to increase my daily walking totals. I'm dogsitting for a week. Today, the first full day he was here, I walked more than 4½ miles. I am tired out, Wellington is not. But he is really cute.
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 - fabric stash sorted/culled
yard waste bin
2 -lower L molar surgery
recycle bin
3 -Nandina painted shoes
big bag of fabric
4 - removed burned apples
big bag of fabric
5 -pruned lower apple limb
big bag of fabric
6 x x big bag of fabric
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - A cute dog visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed