My ravaged jawbone must be beginning to heal, as I have been sleeping through the middle of the night take medication alarms. Of course that means I now awaken desperately needing ibuprofen, but I'm taking it as a positive sign. The other small good news is that so far I am not being plagued by the acute sensitivity to cold/heat that occurred after the previous surgery (fingers crossed that this remains the case, because summer)
I decided to take a short crafting break today and start making a new companion for Nandina. I've been fascinated for a while about the technique of "spun cotton" and thought that it might be a possible way to create alternative miniature doll/animal heads. For some reason, I want to make Nandina a fox-headed friend, and since I have all the supplies needed, this afternoon I began by sculpting a foil armature...
※※※
I'm doing a bit better this go round at figuring out food with interesting flavors that doesn't require chewing. Still super annoying, but I am grateful that I have options. The basics are yogurt (mixed with a spoonful of whey protein and a spoonful of flaxseed meal, and sometimes a spoonful of fruit sauce), softly scrambled eggs, rice noodles cooked to mush, (with something added to them such as a spoonful of boil in bag Indian food mashed to a puree). Other flavorful no-chew meals are a few spoonfuls of five flavor eggplant, or tuna salad (sans any crunchy bits), or mashed veggies of one sort or another, roasted zucchini, or steamed sweet potato... Tonight I will cook up some fresh spinach, chop it very finely, and add it to the bone broth I made yesterday, and stir in some beaten egg, for a variation on egg drop soup. I rarely eat soy products, but decided as part of my grocery order that a container of Toby's Tofu Pate would be yet another different flavor, and I included a pint of ice cream, since I have been being very good indeed.
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | fabric stash sorted/culled | yard waste bin |
| 2 | - | lower L molar surgery | recycle bin |
| 3 | - | Nandina painted shoes | big bag of fabric |
| 4 | - | - | big bag of fabric |
| 5 | - | - | big bag of fabric |
| 6 | x | x | big bag of fabric |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - homeostasis, ie the tendency of things to return to their normal state, as my body continues to do its very best to heal itself.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed