I continue to gradually heal from my extensive surgery. Yesterday at suppertime I tried a single dose of CBD for pain (since the OTC meds aren't doing much to help). I was pleased to find that it worked well, and that I was pain free for longer. It had, as I expected, none of the mental effects of the weed of my youth, but merely did what the Tylenol had been unsuccessfully attempting. It is good to have another tool in my medicine cupboard.
I tried it and I liked it. "Spun cotton" is not really spun, but more akin to "cotton mâché". I pulled apart a cotton ball into little shreds, and applied them to the foil armature using an old paintbrush and some diluted white glue. It was easy, and rather fun. Once it is fully dry, the next steps will be to paint it, add any fur/hair, and create a body using the tiny rag doll pattern ...
※※※
Yesterday I walked 6¼ miles. That I'm not completely exhausted this morning is amazing. I'm not going to walk anywhere near that far today, to allow my body to catch up , (and because Wellingtons person told me that he didn't actually need that lengthy amount of walking, and that lil doggo was using his Jedi mind powers to convince me!)
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | fox head blank | fabric stash sorted/culled | yard waste bin |
| 2 | - | lower L molar surgery | recycle bin |
| 3 | - | Nandina painted shoes | big bag of fabric |
| 4 | - | removed burned apples | big bag of fabric |
| 5 | - | pruned lower apple limb | big bag of fabric |
| 6 | x | x | big bag of fabric |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - living in the future, where things unimaginable to Past Me are a matter of course. I am thinking about the cannabis dispensaries, and billboards offering various options, and comparing it to the culture of secrecy when I was a young thing...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed