The salad table has been cleared and planted... There were a lot of older seed packets in my stash, so the idea I had was to just scatter them in each of the four trays: one of assorted radishes, one of assorted lettuces, one of assorted cilantro, and one of assorted purslane. With luck there will be at least some germination, and if nothing shows up in a couple of weeks, I will get fresh seeds and start again
the lil "Patio Baby" eggplant has been transplanted into a bigger pot and hopefully will enjoy its new digs and settle in for the future creation of little nightshade fruit (fingers crossed)
did some cutting back of the masses of new growth on feral grapevine, which had begun taking over my clothesline, and was reaching out into the yard. Next grapevine pruning will be to steal leaves and put up a few jars for future dolmas.
Definitely need more potting soil, as I have about ten more plants: tomatoes and peppers and squashes oh my... that must be put somewhere! I have assorted large pots and planters they can inhabit, and if I keep doing this each year, will need to start thinking about "crop rotation" so as to not grow tomatoes each year in the same pots
isn't this a clever thing? The cloches were a gift, and once I added end caps to them, they fit perfectly on the trays of the salad table! (and should, with luck, foil Dread Squirrels depredation)
※※※
On Wednesday my friend Poni picked me up along with two other (also vaccinated) friends and we went to the Tsuru Island Japanese Garden. Was my first social excursion outside the house in 14 months. It was both good, and uncomfortable at the same time. I am unused to being around people...
※※※
May SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | teal knit tee for Nandina | repotted artichokes | taxes done |
| 2 | teal knit skirt for Nandina | computer zone shelf | yard waste bin |
| 3 | red/grey top for Nandina | cardboard back gate zone | recycle bin |
| 4 | red/print skirt for Nandina | pruned forsythia | yard waste bin |
| 5 | setting for red Laurel | started cucumbers | recycle bin |
| 6 | samara earrings | backyard mowed | x |
| 7 | three baby baprons | Nandina's legs | x |
| 8 | two more baprons | woodchip back gate zone | x |
| 9 | teal/Mod top for Nandina | repot tiny tomato | x |
| 10 | Nandina striped knit dress | repot strawberries | x |
| 11 | 4 more Nandina clothes | repot peppers | x |
| 12 | Nandina schoolgirl pinafore | paracord loops for plants | x |
| 13 | tiny red rucksack | epoxy canister handle | x |
| 14 | x | end caps for cloches | x |
| 15 | x | planted salad table | x |
| 16 | x | repotted eggplant | x |
today's gratitude - My Olympia pals who continually remind me that I am not forgotten, by sending me garden plants and acoutrements...
day 74 - year 2




You are richly blessed in friends and in your interests, which keep your mind and energy lively.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carol... I keep trying, though some days are more challenging than others.
Delete